Tuesday 29 April 2014

Cuppa Joe Skin Care

Greetings everyone!

We drink a lot of coffee. A lot.

We actually enjoy it, and the fact that it helps us keep up with the pace of life with 8 kids is a bit of a bonus. So I decided that I would try out one of the many lifehacks involving used coffee grounds the other day....this time, using it as an exfoliant.

There are many different versions of coffee ground exfoliant recipes on the net like this. But I did not feel like mixing up oil and sea salt and all the other stuff so I decided to use straight used coffee grounds as a facial scrub. (actually I was also too cheap to use olive oil)

So after bringing it into the shower and scrubbing my face with it, the first thing that came to mind was, I probably should have cleared this with Liz first, seeing as after rinsing them off, there were coffee grounds every where. However I will say that the used grounds worked quite well, and the natural oils of the coffee actually had a moisturising effect.

Used coffee ground facial scrub. Totally works. But it makes a bit of a mess.

Tipsi Dad  

No comments:

Post a Comment